10 Signs That I Answer To Mama
Apparently, I don’t scream “mom of two” when you meet me.
I have actually had people look at me with jaws dropped, “YOU have two kids?!?”
Trust me, it’s not my flat abs that have them confused.
But if you look closely, it’s quite obvious that my heart belongs to the under 4 ft tall set. Here are some signs that make it clear I answer to mama first:
1) I always have snacks with me. Always. Check my bag, it may be Gucci, but it’s concealing mini bags of whole grain Goldfish.
2) That Gucci bag? It’s usually hands-free. No silly, it’s not a backpack (insert look of disgust here), but typically a stylish little messenger bag that leaves my hands…handy.
3) I may as well own stock in Purell.
4) I ALWAYS check my phone when it’s ringing. You can be my best friend, a CEO, or the president himself sitting across from me, if my phone is ringing, I am checking it to make sure it’s not an emergency with my kids.
5) I can do my makeup and get ready for any occasion in less than 10 minutes. And it actually looks half decent most of the time.
6) I can talk Thakoon, but I can also talk Toodee.
7) My manicure never looks perfect. Never. But I keep getting them done.
8) I drive a slick SUV that seats five, but no, you can’t sit in the back. There are two big old car seats there and they never move.
9) I haven’t heard a bartender say “last call” in five years.
10) If you ever need a “Wet Ones,” I’m your girl.
*Photo via here