I realized the “about me” section of this blog was…um, short and sweet? So rather than bore you with another long bio and headshot, I thought I would take the Facebook approach and give you “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me.” Or “25 Things You MAY Not Know About Me – Depends On How Often You Read the Blog.”
1. I can talk backwards. For real. And yes, I have said supercalifragilisticespialidocious a few times.
2. I subscribe to no less than 10 magazines on a monthly basis and pick up another 5 or so regularly on the newsstand.
3. I work from home as a PR consultant. I left a job I loved at a high-profile agency in LA after baby number one. I was thankful I did after baby number two.
4. I have recently, at the ripe old age of 33, discovered a love of cooking and baking. Prior to this, I could not boil a hot dog or make an omelette.
5. I am married to my college sweetheart, we call him skater hubs. He skateboards. We have been together for 16 years.
6. I was born in Romania, but cannot speak the language. I was not born in France, but can speak the language.
7. I talk. A lot. I think most bloggers do.
8. I don’t know if I am really a “blogger” yet. I just like to write here every once in a while.
9. I live in southern California and complain about the weather. I miss the seasons desperately.
10. I am very picky when it comes to my red velvet cupcakes.
11. I would like to consider a second career as a writer (published would be nice) or an interior designer.
12. I am from Montreal, Canada.
13. I believe in regularly rotating my handbag, which means that I naturally need a large selection to choose from.
14. Watching Little D (4 yo girl) and Kai (7 mo boy) play together gives me a level of joy and happiness I have never known in my life.
15. I have not traveled as much as I would like to. But I believe I have plenty of time to do it.
16. I believe that any day is a good occasion for a glass of champagne.
17. I do not like cats.
18. I work very hard at everything – family, career, relationship, friendships, me – and somehow still always manage to feel like I am not quite nailing it.
19. I have learned how to sleep through the night, even though I may not be nailing it.
20. I am not obsessed with Gwyneth Paltrow. But I do think she has managed to nail it on many levels.
21. I love to count down on New Year’s Eve.
22. I never want to see the inside of a children’s hospital again.
23. I moved to the suburbs, and I like it. I don’t, however, know that I will stay here forever.
24. I love a fireplace. Yes, even in southern California.
25. I love a good list.