I Am Not A Beauty Blogger (Part 1)
There are plenty of great ones out there already.
But I am a busy mama of two who likes to try and look presentable, even on those days when I don’t have to present myself to anyone besides Little D, Kai and skater hubs.
And though I appreciate a trip to the Neiman Marcus beauty department as much as the next gal, I have found some of my favorite beauty fixes come courtesy of Target. So here they are, and how they got to the top of my list.
1) Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation: It keeps the oily t-zone area under control and provides the matte finish of a powder without requiring the extra time it takes to apply a powder. Also love the range of shades and how easy it was to find mine, without any help and a bored 4-yr-old on my arm, in mere minutes.
2) Oil of Olay Complete Moisturizer: I hate a heavy, thick moisturizer. This one is super light and easy to apply, and has the SPF built-in which is a must in southern California. Again, saves me the extra time of applying one separately, even though I know I should…some effort has to be better than none, right?
3) Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and Conditioner: First, I have insanely thick, frizzy hair. My sister and I have spent the better part of our lives trying to find products to battle the hair genes we’ve been “blessed” with. Second, I was a die-hard Pantene fan and still think their products are amazing. But I recently came across this, simply because it was on sale and I was feeling frugal that day, and it has revolutionized my hair. Sorry, Pantene.
4) Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara: That’s a mouthful, so just remember it’s the orange tube. I am a victim of marketing and bought this purely because Drew Barrymore (a paid Cover Girl spokeswoman, of course) mentioned it in some article. But I am hooked. I have tried some pricey little mascaras, and come back to this one time and again.
5) Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave: This product made me want to go online and write a review. And I never go online and write reviews. Finally, someone has developed packaging for shaving cream that can be used with one hand and does not leave any signs of rust on the bottle or my shower shelf. It doesn’t lather like a typical shaving cream, but once you get past that, it does everything else it should in the most user-friendly format this industry has ever seen. Not sure why it took so long.
6) L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base: Some things are worth the extra 30 seconds. And that is all it takes to pat this on over your pore-y, red trouble spots to create a nice base that will help your makeup last all day. Make sure to apply after your moisturizer and give it a minute to settle before applying your foundation. If it’s good enough for Linda Evangelista…enough said.
Now you can take the girl out of Sephora once in a while, but you can’t take the Sephora out of the girl…so that being said, I will be back tomorrow with some of my other favorite finds, on the not-so-frugal side of the spectrum.